Snow covered volcanoes. Glaciers. Thermal hot springs. Lava fields. Waterfalls. Rainbows. Sunrises. An expanse where two continental plates are separating.
These were just a handful of the scenes of natural beauty that I got to see on my long weekend in Iceland that capped off a Spring vacation full of reunions and catching up with friends and family, a fantastic concert, and a fun race.
I also was able to cross off a few items on my “Impossible” List:
- Run an obstacle/mud run (Spartan Race)
- Go on the Golden Circle tour of Iceland
- Hike on a glacier
Additionally I accomplished some things that weren’t actually on my list:
- having drinks in a strip club in a foreign country
- being unable to pronounce anything except “thanks” in the native language of a country I am visiting (for the record “thanks” in Icelandic is “Takk” which is possibly the shortest word in their dictionary… it is a beautiful language and I tried to repeat some words but it was hopeless)
- and finding out that Charlie Sheen was in Reykjavik at the same time as me, thankfully I didn’t see him though.
All in all it was a fantastic 10-day span of my life journey that I will remember fondly, and pictures don’t really do Iceland justice, but I tried my hardest!